Here at Colorado ENT & Allergy, we offer comprehensive hearing tests and solutions for those with impaired hearing. Our team of audiologists and staff have made it their mission to educate as many people as possible about the risks, the facts of hearing loss, as well as both the short term and long-lasting effects of hearing damage.
Our Colorado Springs audiologists provide evaluation and treatment of both common and complex auditory and balance conditions. And for patients requiring hearing aids, continued care is always included in your treatment cost for the life of the hearing aids.
Hearing loss can develop at any age and may be caused by varied factors. Signs and Symptoms of Hearing Loss:
- Sensorineural hearing loss occurs when the inner ear or the hearing nerve itself becomes damaged. The most common type of hearing loss, it can be a result of aging, exposure to loud noise, injury, disease, ototoxic drugs, or an inherited condition. Most people benefit from the use of hearing aids.
- Conductive hearing loss occurs in the outer or middle ear where sound waves are not able to carry all the way through to the inner ear. Sound may be blocked by earwax or a foreign object in the ear canal, the middle ear may be impacted by fluid and infection, or the eardrum may have been injured. For some people, it may be reversed through medical or surgical intervention. Otherwise, hearing aid use may be recommended.
Additional Signs and symptoms of hearing loss may include:
- Difficulty hearing on the phone
- Frequently asking people to repeat themselves
- Difficulty hearing when there is noise in the background
- Difficulty following a conversation when two or more people talk at once
- Finding that most people seem to mumble or not speak clearly
- Misunderstanding what others say and responding inappropriately
- Difficulty understanding the speech of women and children
- Turning the TV volume up too loud
- Frequently hearing ringing, roaring, or hissing sounds
- Finding that some sounds seem too loud or too soft
If three or more of these apply to you, it is a good idea to have your hearing checked.
Our specialists diagnose and treat a wide variety of ear and balance disorders and can assess your condition with a number of diagnostic tests. If you are having ears or hearing issues and need an Audiologist, make an appointment today at one of our convenient locations.